Saturday, July 17, 2010

Make a Recycled No More Hormonal Birth Control Card


One of my good friends switched from hormonal birth control to an IUD this year. In a fit of creativity, I made a congratulations/good luck on getting an IUD card for her. Unfortunately, I threw it away before I could give it to her. Here's how you can make one. This is the perfect card for someone who has recently gotten an IUD, a Nuva Ring, or a hysterectomy.

1. You know how every time you refill your birth control prescription, instead of just giving you another pack of pills to put in those plastic holders, they give you pills and another plastic holder? Well this is a good way to reuse those.

Take a pill holder.

2. Cut a notecard so it slides into the pill holder. If you want to get really creative, you can take an empty pill packet and write the letters of the card recipient's name where the pills would be.

3. Write some message congratulating them for not being on hormonal birth control (or whatever the situation may be).

4. Ta da!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd received that card, but this blog post makes my life anyway, in case you were wondering:)

    PARAGARD IS MORE EFFICIENT, CHEAPER, REQUIRES LESS MAINTENANCE, AND CONTAINS ZERO HORMONES.

    plug complete.



    -Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete